Do you love palaces and historical monuments? If so, then this blog is for you and Rajastan is the state which you must visit. Rajasthan, popularly known as ‘Land of Maharajas’. It is the largest Indian state which covers 10.4 percent of the total geographical area of India. It shares border with the Pakistani provinces of Punjab to the north-west and sindh to the west, along with the Sutlej-Indus river valley. Rajasthan is an incredible state consist of a lot of forts and probably best historical buildings. Even more Some of the forts in Rajasthan had converted into beautiful hotels, one can visit and live there. The culture, music, dance, impressive architectures, exquisite handicrafts and beautiful deserts make Royal Rajasthan of India: the must visit place. Some of the best tourist places in Rajasthan are:-
Jaipur, the capital city of Rajasthan also known as ‘Pink City’ due to its beautiful color schemes of buildings and monuments. Jai Singh 2, the Rajput ruler founded Jaipur in 1727. It is a part of Golden Triangle Tour along with Delhi and Agra. Some of the best tourist places in Jaipur, Rajasthan are:-
- Jaigarh Fort: Used as the house of weapons and other artillery by Rajput rulers. The fort reflects the city’s prosperous past, named after the ruler Sawai Jai Singh II. The fort, popularly called ‘the Fort of Victory’. The Fort was
- City Palace: Constructed by Sawai Man Singh II. The palace includes the Chandra Mahal and Mubarak Mahal. Recently, Chandra Mahal has been converted into museum that houses exclusive handicraft and other cultural items.
- Nahargarh Fort: Situated on the outer skirts of Jaipur, Rajasthan. It was built as a defensive fort on the Aravali Ranges. The fort provides a beautiful view of city from the top of it hence, considered as a picnic spot by a lot of tourists.
- Jal Mahal: Constructed by Sawai Man Singh II, the fort floats on the centre of the Sagar Lake. The Mahal is famous for Bird Sightseeing and Photography.
- Amber Fort or Amer Fort: Constructed by Raja Man Singh in 1592, on the top of a hill forming a beautiful reflection in Maotha Lake. It is the principal tourist attraction in Jaipur.
- Bapu Bazar: Oh, why miss the shopping when you are in Jaipur. Bapu Bazar is located near Sanganer Gate, The market is famous for textile, handicrafts and other cultural works.
Popularly known as ‘Blue City’ or ‘Sun City’. Jodhpur is the second largest city of Rajasthan. It has been the historical capital of kindom Marwar, founded by Rao Jodha. Jodhpur is located at the onshore of Thar Desert. Marwar Mahotsav, Teej and Gangaur are the most famous festival of Jodhpur. Mawa Ki Kachori and Mirchi Bada are certainly the most famous cuisine of Jodhpur. Some of the best tourist places in Jodhpur, Rajasthan are:-
- Jaswant Thada: Built in the memory of Raja Jaswant Singh in 1899. Jaswant Thada is a royal cenotaph decorated using white marbles. It has a small pond and a pretty garden next to it.
- Mehrangarh Fort: Located at the top of a 410 feet elevated hill and guarded by huge walls. Mehrangarh Fort is one of the largest forts in the country, built around 1459 by Rao Jodha.
- Umaid Bhawan Palace: Built in 1944, the palace got its name after the Maharaja of Jodhpur, Raja Umaid Singh. The palace is located on the top of Chittar Hill. The palace has 347 rooms which make it one of the largest private residence in the world.
- Osian Temples: Known for its beautiful and grand temples. Osian Temples consist of 15 beautiful sculpted Hindu and Jain temples. Sun Temple is the oldest among all the 15 temples.
- Kailana Lake: A massive man made lake on the outskirts of Jodhpur city. Kailana lake covers the area of 84 square kilometers. It serves as the primary source of drinking water for the citizens of Jodhpur.
- Mandore Gardens: It is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Jodhpur city. Mandore Garden is house to 33 Crore Gods. ‘The Hall of Heroes’, present inside the garden is dedicated to Rajput war heroes.
Pushkar is one of the most popular towns in the state of Rajasthan and it is located in close proximity to Ajmer. This tiny desert town is famous for the Pushkar Fair held, in the month of November, every year. The city has very enchanting vibes and the morning prayers and evening prayers there can take anyone into a peaceful zone. Some of the best tourist places in Pushkar, Rajasthan are:-
- Pushkar Lake: Known as the King of ‘Tirathas’, it is one of the holiest lake of India. It is said that a holy bath there can wash all the sins and make one free from the cycle of rebirth (Moksha). As per mythology, Lord Brahma was looking for a place to conduct a religious ceremony. He dropped a lotus to guide him. The lotus fell on the site which is now the Pushkar Lake.
- Brahma Temple: Situated near the Pushkar Lake, this temple is a sacred place for Hindu. This is the only temple in entire India dedicated to Lord Brahma (Creator of the World).
- Pushkar Bazar: It is a famous local market of Pushkar. One can find bags, clothes, statues, Jewellery, decor items and other handicrafts that represents Rajasthani culture.
- Varaha Temple: Dedicated to Lord Vishnu, this is the most ancient and largest temple of Pushkar. Constructed in the 12th century, this temple is an architectural wonder. The Varaha temple houses an image of lord Vishnu in the incarnation of wild boar.
- Man Mahal: Built as the royal residence of Man Singh of Amber on the eastern side of Sarovar. The view from the top of Mahal is very beautiful, one can see the entire expanse of the Sarovar Lake. It is under the control of Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation.
Udaipur, popularly known as ‘The City of Lakes’, surrounded by 7 lakes and beautiful Aravali Ranges. It is the former capital city of Mewar Kingdom, founded by Maharana Udai Singh 2 in 1559. The city is a great heritage tourist destination and has been attracting tourists from all over the world. Some of the best tourist places in Udaipur, Rajasthan are:-
- Pichola Lake: Pichola, surrounded by ghats, temples and palaces from all its sides. It is the oldest and one of the most largest and magnificient man made lake. The lake consist of four islands, namely – Jag Mandir, Arsi Vilas, Mohan Mandir and Jag Niwas.
- City Palace: Constructed in the year 1559 by Maharana Udai Mirza Singh. City Palace, located on the banks of lake Pichola. The massive palace is the most famous tourist attraction spot of Jaipur.
- Vintage Car Museum: The place is for the people who love to admire the beauty of the antique heritage cars. Inaugurated in February 2000, the museum became heart for all the car lovers. The museum houses many famous vintage cars.
- Jagmandir Palace or Lake Garden Palace: Built on an island in Lake Pichola, the palace considered as the symbol of friendship between Mughals and Rajput. It is a key attraction among tourists because of its beautiful interiors and architecture.
- Jagdish Temple: The temple is Udaipur’s largest sacred site, built in the year 1651. The Jagdish Temple stands in the City Palace Complex in the city of Udaipur, dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The temple is one of the greatest architectural marvels.
Jaisalmer, popularly known as ‘The Golden City’ due to the presence of gold dunes flowing in Thar Desert. The city is near by the border of Pakistan. Jaisalmer fort is probably the best tourist attraction in the city. Khuldara, a town of Jaisalmer named Ghost Town because it is said that the town is cursed by brahmin villagers. Some of the best tourist places in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan are:-
- Jaisalmer Fort or Golden Fort: Constructed in the classic style of the royals by Rajput Ruler, Raja Jaisal in year 1156 A.D. It ranks amongst the largest Fort in the world. The golden and yellow mixed sandstone offers beautiful and magnificient look to the fort.
- Nathamal Ji Ki Haveli: Built by two muslim jeweller brother in 19th century commissioned to serve as the residence of the then prime minister Diwan Mohata Nathmal. Miniature style paintings and yellow sand stone offers magical look to the Haveli.
- Patwon-Ki-Haveli: Built by famous trader Gumnam Chand and his sons, this five-storey structure sits proudly in a narrow street. Patwon ki Haveli grabs the attention of every visitor due to its enchanting shade of yellow.
- Gadisar Lake: Constructed in the 14th century by Maharawal Gadsi Singh to meet the water needs. The people of the city depends on this lake to fulfill their water requirements. One can find holy shrines and temples around the banks of this lake.
- Bada Bagh: The garden complex houses chhatris or royal cenotaphs of the Maharajas of Jaisalmer state. The place is completely isolated as it is in the middle of the sand dunes. The garden looks beautiful in sunlight and sunset.
The city of Royal Rajasthan of India which share border with Pakistan, founded by Rajput ruler Rao Bika. The city of Bikaner known for its International Camel Festival all over the world. Camel Festivals also organized in the city every year in January. Camel Dance, Camel Races and rides are the part of event. The city is also very famous for its Bhujiya and even more other foods like Rasgulla, Dal Bati Churma, Halva. Some of the best tourist places in Bikaner, Rajasthan are:-
- Junagarh Fort: Constructed by Raja Rai Singh in the year 1593 its structure consists of temples and palaces. Built in the arid region of the Thar Desert. Major attraction inside the fort are Chandra Mahal, Hawa Mahal, Diwan-e-Khas, Ganga Mahal and Dungar Mahal.
- Lalgarh Palace: Built by Maharaja Ganga Singh in the year 1902. The palace is named after Maharaja Lal Singh ji. The palace has now been transformed into a hotel. The architecture of this palace reflects the Rajput, Mughal and European styles.
- Karni Mata Temple: The Temple is likely a standout amongst the most renowned spots to visit in Bikaner. It is a 600 year old temple where rats are worshipped.
- Lakshmi Nath Temple: Constructed by Maharaja Lunkaran in the year 1526. It is one of the oldest around the city of Bikaner. The temple beautifully graces the sacred sanctum of Lord Vishnu and Goddess Laxmi.
- Rampuriya Haveli: Havelis are the Large, magnanimous, Beautiful and extravagant houses not at all less than palaces. Built by rich merchants of Bikaner over a few 100 year before. The massive haveli is decorated with golden work of the highest quality.
Visit www.yatritravelpoint.com to find the best holiday package or contact +918005431845.