- Pick a strategic location. This rule applies to any corporate event format. No matter who your audience is, people want to feel comfortable at your event’s location. Whether it’s a traditional hotel ballroom or a modern art gallery, make sure it’s nicely located and in line with your guests’ needs.
- Align clients’ goals with event activities. The ultimate goal of product launch events is gaining good exposure. At employee appreciation meetings, it’s more about generating fun and memorable experiences. Focus on what’s important for your client to build more targeted corporate events.
- Choose reliable event management software. Implementing technology in your corporate events is no longer a “nice to have”. Pick event planing Software that can give you more freedom through automation. With a focus on such tools as online registration, tech-powered onsite check-in, and detailed analytics, you can increase your productivity with lower labor and cost investments.
- Build connections. The success of your event pretty much depends on people who work on it. Whether you are a seasoned corporate event professional or an ambitious beginner, building a good network of reliable vendors and suppliers is your means of sharing responsibilities with people you can truly trust.
- Promote. Email your contact base, create an attention-grabbing story that can be wrapped into social media posts or other marketing materials, and start promoting. There’s a misconception that event advertising should happen only before an event. In fact, there are many ways to drive exposure during an event as well. For example, many event professionals partner with media sponsors by inviting them to speak at a corporate meeting, which helps them gain extra publicity.
The top 10 most common types of corporate events
In this section, we take a look at the top 10 corporate event types to help you understand how to build memorable experiences for attendees.
Goals: Depending on the target audience, appreciation events can aim to recognise employees’ achievements or to build tight connections with loyal clients.
Secret of success: Provide a relaxing atmosphere, friendly environment, capabilities for networking, and valued prizes.
From a simple dinner to a private cruise party, appreciation events can embrace different formats. If your goal is to make an investment into lasting relationships with your clients and staff, this is the real go-to.
Secret of success: Creativity should be your one and only ally here. Festive celebrations can’t take place without creative entertainment activities. Ensure your staff holiday party is fun and relaxing for everyone.
Goals: Raise business about a new product or service or acquire clients.
Secret of success: The primary focus should be placed on gaining media exposure.
The rapid growth of startups around the globe is the core reason why investment into product launch events increases every year. To make it work for your business, build a foolproof marketing strategy for every stage of event organisation to maximize exposure and attract your target audience.
Goals: Celebrate milestones, welcome a new employee, etc.
Secret of success: Have a perfect understanding of your team members’ interests and preferences.
Business leaders have to maintain a friendly, positive atmosphere within their companies. Any time there is a reason to celebrate a special achievement or a milestone, organising business dinners is a great way to show respect.
Goals: Gather targeted audiences in one place to share ideas, implement solutions, or improve collective expertise
Secret of success: Thorough planning and a focus on technology investment are crucial.
The world’s largest FinTech conference in industry experts annually. For the majority of ambitious professionals, conferences that are geared towards specific interests are the must-go-to events.
Goals: Entertain and reward staff or maintain a business’s good reputation
Secret of success: Sharp negotiation skills and the ability to organise events overseas will lead to success.
Often held at luxury resorts, incentive trips are the types of events that devour huge budgets while creating unforgettable memories for staff. To rise to the challenge of organizing a successful incentive trip, an event professional should be able to find a reliable vendor in a foreign country in only a few days.
Goals: Collect donations in support of a cause
Secret of success: Make good use of the company’s network.
Strong cause promotion, a worthy value offer, and a centralised platform for the collection of donations are the three integral elements of an efficient charity event.
Goals: Strengthen social ties within a corporate team.
Secret of success: Tailor event activities to employees’ interests.
A good strategy is to survey your staff before planning a team-building event. When based on the needs of employees, such events can help business managers build stronger teams.
Goals: Make crucial business decisions
Secret of success: Adjust the meeting to the company’s infrastructure and values.
Whether they are for sharing business goals or reviewing performance within a corporation, board meetings are go-to events for any company’s shareholders. To make an event run smoothly, ensure it fits everyone’s work schedules and facilitates the right conditions for debates and discussions.